SPAN is a real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional music and audio production applications. For the most part, it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to set up your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum's visual slope. Besides that, you can choose to display the secondary spectrum of the desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
SPAN supports multi-channel analysis and can be set to display spectrums from two different channels or channel groups at the same time. Spectrum's color can be chosen to taste.
SPAN also features output level metering with adjustable ballistics and integration time, K-system metering (including calibration K-system metering). SPAN displays level metering statistics, headroom estimation, and clipping detection. Correlation metering is available as well.
- Output signal power statistics
- Spectrum smoothing
- User interface window resizing
- Clipping statistics
- Correlation meter
- K-system metering (unweighted)
- Stereo and multi-channel analysis
- Mid/side analysis
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- This audio plugin can be loaded into any audio host application that conforms to the AudioUnit or VST plugin specification. Plugins with AAX version available can be loaded in ProTools 12+
- RTAS compatibility is available by using the FXpansion VST-RTAS adapter
- This plugin is compatible with Windows (32- and 64-bit Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and later versions) and Mac OS X (10.6 and later versions, 32- and 64-bit, Intel processor-based) computers (2 GHz dual-core or faster processor with at least 2 GB of system RAM required). A separate binary distribution file is available for each target computer platform for each audio plugin specification
- Compatible Windows and Mac OS X software: Cubase, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, ProTools, Reaper, Cakewalk Sonar, Presonus Studio One, Nuendo, WaveLab, GarageBand, FL Studio, Sony Vegas, SoundForge, Adobe Audition, Samplitude, Digital Performer, Mixcraft, Bitwig Studio, Edius, others